Being a professional blogger, online beauty editor and social media specialist, I find myself sitting in front of a computer way too much! And while sitting is less physical than standing on your feet, it puts a lot of stress on your body, both physically and mentally. That is why it is important to make sure that you have adequate lighting as well as a functional work space. So if you want to find out how to design the perfect at home office continue reading.
Have A Designated Place For Work
Owning my own business, I have chosen to work from home. But, living in a small condo does make it difficult to find a functional work space. Additionally, it is important that the area you choose for your office maintains a boundary so to speak, as to where your work area begins and where it ends (This is one thing that I’ve struggled with over the years). But believe it or not, it can take a mental effect on you. It is important that you divide your work from play! Also, you want to make your office free from other disturbances, like your children, TV, washing clothes, etc. Being exposed to these can affect your overall work performance, so please separate yourself!
|This Is A Sponsored Post On Behalf Of BenQ e-Reading LED Desk Lamp. |
All Opinions Are My Own
Invest In Great Lighting
Getting the correct amount of light is essential, this is why I partnered up with BenQ for this post.
Sitting in front of a desk without proper lighting can hurt your eyes. While you feel your room may have adequate lighting, you also need to have a desk light. Especially if you spend most of your time staring at a computer screen, having a desk lamp, like the one from BenQ, designed for the digital era is a must! Unlike the regular task lights, the BenQ e-Reading LED Desk Lamp has a wider lighting coverage and many other benefits, making it the perfect light for those who sit in front of a computer all day.
Some of the other reasons why I love the BenQ lamp
- The BenQ lamp lights output covers your entire working area. It is developed specifically for the usage of monitors, Kindles, tablets, and other devices, distributing light evenly across the desk. It delivers an illumination range that is 150% wider than any regular reading lamp, helping you see everything from your keyboard to the cat, peeking from the other chair!
- The shape. Why is this important? Because the curved shape provides even and flicker-free light.
- When using the computer, lighting should be sufficient for you to see the text as well as the entire screen. But in most cases, the bright light on the display screen "washes out" the images. But not with this lamp as its e-Reading mode reduces the contrast glare and the reflection on your computer screen.
- Controlling this is simple. All you have to do is touch the ring to activate the e-Reading mode. The BenQ e-reading lamp then delivers the patented 'brighter at the sides, darker in the middle' illumination that reduces contrast glare.
- Tailor-made brightness and color temperature. As you can see lighting has a significant impact on one's concentration and productivity. You can switch the BenQ Lamp easily according to your preference by simply turning the control knob. For work, I make sure to change to the cool white tones of the light!
- The quality and that it is EARTH-FRIENDLY: The BenQ task lamp's LED lamp shade is cased in the lightweight aluminum alloy to dissipate heat. The articulating arms are reinforced with zinc alloy torque springs to provide enhanced durability and stability. It also has a high-quality fabric cord cover for safety purposes. The materials used are only earth-friendly materials, which is a plus for me since I am near it all day long.
Want to get a BenQ e-Reading LED Desk Lamp for yourself? Make sure to click here so you too can set up your fantastic at home office space.
Having the right size desk and the correct seating for your home office is so essential. I’m not sure about you, but sitting for 8-10 hours straight, I start to notice some pain if I'm just sitting on a couch or lounging. This is why it is important to find a desk that fits your height and a chair that is going to support your back.
Keep in mind there are also standing desks. I currently have both as it is good to get off your butt every now and again!
An Ergonomic Chair:
Sitting adds a lot of stress to the spine; this is why it is essential to have an ergonomic chair that supports the lower back and promotes excellent posture. Additionally, you want to make sure that your chair has some of the following options
- Adjustable seat height
- Lumbar support
- Comfort and material. You want to make sure that the seat you select has enough padding that is going to accommodate extended seating times!
Incorporating A Personal Touch
As I’m sure you’ve seen thus far a lot can have an impact on the success of your work and the area around you is no different. Adding a personal touch or some décor can help you sustain the positive energy you need to be successful and motivated throughout the day.
Getting Ready For The Day
I know you’re like what? I thought I could work from home in my pj’s. Well you can, that is the benefit of working at home, and it is also negative. Why is this? Because when you work from home, some find it difficult to separate the work from the nonworking. Don’t get me wrong I do sit around in my sweats sometimes. But I also know that having some discipline as a routine is going to make me more productive. The mind is a powerful thing. So if sweats are something you wear to relax or PJ’s to sleep, you may not be in the right frame of mind to be productive at work. This attire also applies to the opposite, meaning if you work in your sweats, and you go to relax on the couch in your sweats, and you may find yourself working while you should be relaxing!
So there you have it my top 5 tips to designing the Perfect at Home Office!