What if I told you there was an easier and less painful way to remove hair than waxing, would you try it? Well there is, it's called sugaring. A friend of mine is an esthetician and shared with me some great tips on sugaring, and I'd like to share them with you.
So what is Sugaring?
Sugaring is an all-natural method of removing unwanted hair, by applying a mixture of sugar, lemon juice, and water to the skin and then peeling it off together with the hair.
- Similar to waxing you need to make sure that you have not shaved for a few days as there needs to be a fair amount of hair in which the mixture will adhere to.
- Start with a clean surface, make sure you have removed all lotions and oils from the skin.
- Make sure you have created a thick paste consistency. It should be applied warm.
- Once you have made your sugar paste you want to apply the thick mixture against the direction of your hair growth.
- To remove, simply peel back the sugar layer in the same direction the hair in growing.
Benefits of Sugaring Vs. Waxing:
- Hurts less than traditional waxing.
- There is minimal redness, and if do have some, it fades.
- You can apply the sugar paste to a larger area at once, as it does not harden like wax does.
- There are no chemicals in sugar wax. Hence, it is perfect for sensitive skin.
- You can remove any leftover sugar easily, with just water and some soap.