It’s been a while since I’ve played with some items in my kitchen for a new DIY scrub. A friend of mine has a spa, and one of the featured treatments was an oatmeal scrub. It sounded amazing but wasn’t amazing was the cost. So I decided, what a great idea for a Pantry to Pretty Bit. The recipe is very similar to hers, but 90% of the cost.
What You’ll Need:
- ¼ cup of ground whole oats. I initially attempted to use an old coffee grinder to grind this, but ended up purchasing it at a store for a finer blend.
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- ¼ cup of grape seed oil
- One tablespoon of lemon
- You can add milk or water to the mix. I added milk.
- You want to mix it all in a bowl, to a thick consistency.
- Apply to face in a circle motion
- Leave on for 30 minutes
- Rinse and wash, moisturize as usual
Storage: The mixture will last a while if stored properly. If you have a mason jar or something air tight, I'd use that for storage.
The Benefits: Exfoliation of the skin helps with skin rejuvenation. Hence using a gentle mixture like this oatmeal DIY scrub, you'll be able to use it frequently leaving your skin soft and glowing.