With all the colors, types and brands of lip products out there, it can become a daunting task deciding what to choose. I mean, what colors look best, should you use lip liner, gloss or not, and most importantly what colors to avoid. As you can see, or may even experienced, this isn’t an easy undertaking.
But fortunately, GlamST. The first virtual makeover has made this task liptastic! When I was going through the process of trying on different colors, I was really able to see what colors were flattering on me and what colors were not. Believe it or not, the colors we use can actually affect the color of our face, teeth, and appearance of our lips. The GlamST. virtual makeover came in handy for this. I was able to try out tons of colors, without spending tons of money.
Check out some of my virtual tries below. You can also see the others I tested on Pinterest.
Tips on Picking the Right Colors
- Pick colors that flatter your undertones
- Select colors that will reflect off your teeth in a positive way.
Colors To Help Make Your Teeth Look Whiter
- Berry Colors: These colors reflect off your lips, helping your teeth look brighter
- Blue Undertones: These lip shades can reduce any yellow tones of your teeth, making them appear whiter.
Colors to Avoid
- Yellow-orange Colors: You want to try to stay away from colors that have these undertones in them, as they seem to emphasize the yellow in your teeth.
- Frosted Colors: I found that these make your teeth appear grayish.
- Pale Pinks: Seem to highlight any imperfections in your teeth.
- Dark Colors: Unfortunately, as we get older we get wrinkles. These can even appear around our lips. So in this case, it is very important when choosing a lip color that you avoid really dark colors. The dark colors will run into the lines. Instead, stick with a nice gloss. Gloss will make your lips appear fuller and add moisture.
Instant Lip Augmentation
- For a pouty lip: Apply a shimmery gloss to the center of your lips.
- For fuller lips: Use a flesh-colored lip liner to extend your lip line.
- Cupid's bow: Another tip for fuller lips is to add some highlighter to the Cupid’s bow (this is the double curve of the upper lip). The highlighter will draw attention to your mouth, giving you a better shape as well.
Matte or Glossy?
- Matte lipstick lasts a long time, but it can dry out your lips.
- Glossy look wears off quickly; however they are hydrating.
- Moisturize: Take care of lips the same way you would the skin on your face.
- You must make sure that you start with a clean lip, and I don’t mean just removing your old makeup. You want to exfoliate your lips; this will make your lips smooth, preventing your lipstick from caking on dry skin. When your lips are exfoliated, your lipstick will apply flawlessly.
I hope you enjoyed my lip tips and remember to stay pucker pretty & go virtual with GlamST! Until next time...
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post by GlamSt. While compensation was gained for writing this post. All views expressed and lipstick tips are my own and were not influenced in anyway.