When trying to cover the dark circles under your eyes, are you using your concealer correctly? Well, you may think you are, but I know a lot of women who are not doing this the correct way. So, today, I am going to share with you ten tips to bag those under eye circles!
When properly applied, concealer can work wonders, as well as enhancing your beauty. On the same token, when used incorrectly, it can do the opposite of what you were trying to do. Your goal is to hide or cover an imperfection, AKA, conceal!
So How To:
- Prep your face first, by applying a primer. Otherwise, your concealer will sit in your wrinkles, dried skin, etc., and looked caked on. Hence, highlighting the area you are trying to hide.
- Purchase a concealer that matches your skin tone. You can test this on the backside of your hand. If the color is too dark, it will make your dark circles appear darker. Don’t go too light either or it will up drawing attention to this area. One shade lighter is best.
- Pick a light reflecting concealer for the under the eye area or a green color if you have some redness as well.
- Use a creamy concealer under the eye area for a more natural result.
- Apply in a triangle, do not apply in circles, as it needs to extend below the dark area. The triangle approach works, trust me! It brightens your look, allowing you to lighten the most shaded area, giving you an instant lift appearance. It also will eliminate that caked on look that emphasizes a defined line; the goal is to have it disappear.
- Use a makeup brush or sponge applying a thin layer, so it blends into the skin. HOWEVER, I would do this with a stippling approach. Otherwise, you’ll end up removing it.
- Starting at the inner corner, near the nose and extend outwards in a v to the cheek area and back up to the outer area of the eye. (see above image for this approach)
- Blend well so there is not a distinct change in tone between the concealer and your skin.
- You may need to apply an additional layer of coverage, but be careful not to overdo it. You can create false wrinkles (yuk, who wants those), and or show your other imperfections. The goal is to have a flawless look, so don’t rush.
- Finish by applying your foundation where needed, hence creating a smooth skin tone and canvas so to speak, for the rest of your makeup.
So there you have it, my top 10 tips on how to apply concealer. Now, you can have an instant lift, without having to go to the plastic surgeon! Until next time lovelies.
Bonus Tip: Click here for tips to covering your dark circles with lipstick! Plus, some other great methods to getting rid of under eye bags and dark circles!